Monday 16 August 2010

My Business Networking History - Part 2

One of the things that I look to improve with my clients as an executive coach is their ability to learn.  Ironically going back 5 years now, I remember that it took me a while to learn the painful lessons from my business networking experience.  What I did learn, in hindsight, was that the group that I was a part of was not really my target audience.  That in itself was not the problem but very few of the people in the group had access to my target audience.  To be honest I was looking to sell to these people my services as a business coach but they weren't buying - why?  As I reflect on this now I know for sure that I didn't spend enough time educating my fellow entrepreneurs in what it was that I did and how it could benefit them.  So in actuality it was really nothing at all to do with the group I was in.  The problem was I was in the wrong group and my behaviour patterns prevented me from leaving the group.  I will speak more of that later because right now I have some other writing and work to do - oh and a nice hot cup of coffee to get the day started.

No comments:

Post a Comment